GARLAND, Texas - Police in a Dallas suburb say they believe a 71-year-old woman found dead in her home was murdered.
Garland police say in a statement that the body of Janet Vanderslice was found Saturday when a family member went to check on her. Police say that after seeing the body they opened a murder investigation, but did not elaborate.
Police say the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office is conducting an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance