SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A South Texas woman who in 1996 fatally stabbed her boyfriend and argued self-defense has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for killing another suitor.
A judge in San Antonio on Wednesday sentenced Beatrice Ann Ibanez of Van Ormy.
Ibanez in January pleaded no contest to murder in the 2011 death of Alfredo Ramirez - who had a record of assaulting her.
Ibanez told police she killed Ramirez in self-defense but later said she stabbed him as he slept.
The San Antonio Express-News (http://bit.ly/108MyIN ) reports Ibanez, while known as Beatrice Trevino Hernandez, was investigated in the 1996 slaying of Jesse R. Cardenas.
Ibanez told police she was beaten by Cardenas and stabbed him in self-defense. Charges were dropped.
Ibanez says she was drinking alcohol before both slayings.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field