SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A South Texas woman who in 1996 fatally stabbed her boyfriend and argued self-defense has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for killing another suitor.
A judge in San Antonio on Wednesday sentenced Beatrice Ann Ibanez of Van Ormy.
Ibanez in January pleaded no contest to murder in the 2011 death of Alfredo Ramirez - who had a record of assaulting her.
Ibanez told police she killed Ramirez in self-defense but later said she stabbed him as he slept.
The San Antonio Express-News (http://bit.ly/108MyIN ) reports Ibanez, while known as Beatrice Trevino Hernandez, was investigated in the 1996 slaying of Jesse R. Cardenas.
Ibanez told police she was beaten by Cardenas and stabbed him in self-defense. Charges were dropped.
Ibanez says she was drinking alcohol before both slayings.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017