SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP) - A 44-year-old Central Texas woman has been sentenced to life in prison for her sixth driving while intoxicated conviction.
A Hays County jury on Wednesday sentenced Rose Ann Davidson of San Marcos.
Investigators say Davidson was arrested in July 2012 on Interstate 35 after being pulled over by a Kyle police officer. Police say Davidson, whose five previous DWI convictions go back to 1996, was driving erratically and had an open container of beer in her vehicle.
Prosecutors say Davidson served time in prison for her previous alcohol-related convictions.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store