DAYTON, Texas - Authorities are investigating after a woman was shot and killed outside a Southeast Texas country club following an argument with a man.
After the two got into an argument late Friday night at the Double "B'' Oaks Club near Dayton, the woman left the building and witnesses heard gun shots. Deputies tell the Houston Chronicle that witnesses went outside and saw a man firing several shots at her.
The woman was airlifted to a Houston hospital, where she died.
Witnesses saw two men flee in a pickup and a short time later, police stopped them. They are both being questioned to determine a potential motive and the relationship between the three.
No charges have been filed.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase