DAYTON, Texas - Authorities are investigating after a woman was shot and killed outside a Southeast Texas country club following an argument with a man.
After the two got into an argument late Friday night at the Double "B'' Oaks Club near Dayton, the woman left the building and witnesses heard gun shots. Deputies tell the Houston Chronicle that witnesses went outside and saw a man firing several shots at her.
The woman was airlifted to a Houston hospital, where she died.
Witnesses saw two men flee in a pickup and a short time later, police stopped them. They are both being questioned to determine a potential motive and the relationship between the three.
No charges have been filed.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash