DAYTON, Texas - Authorities are investigating after a woman was shot and killed outside a Southeast Texas country club following an argument with a man.
After the two got into an argument late Friday night at the Double "B'' Oaks Club near Dayton, the woman left the building and witnesses heard gun shots. Deputies tell the Houston Chronicle that witnesses went outside and saw a man firing several shots at her.
The woman was airlifted to a Houston hospital, where she died.
Witnesses saw two men flee in a pickup and a short time later, police stopped them. They are both being questioned to determine a potential motive and the relationship between the three.
No charges have been filed.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance