HARLINGEN, Texas - (AP) - A Texas woman wants $1 million in damages from a steakhouse known for letting patrons throw peanut shells on the floor after she says she slipped and fell on the droppings.
Amelia Tijerina says she suffered physical pain, mental anguish and physical impairment after she slipped on the peanut shells scattered across the floor of the Texas Roadhouse. The McAllen Monitor reports (http://bit.ly/12T54Fu) Tijerina is also seeking damages for medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity and court costs.
Tijerina argues the restaurant is responsible for the peanut shells, and should have either warned her about the danger or removed them.
Texas Roadhouse Inc. moved the lawsuit from a state district court to a federal court and has requested a jury trial. It argues Tijerina's actions caused the injury.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget