GILMER, Texas (AP) - An East Texas man is accused of killing a woman outside an 8th grade football game.
Police in Gilmer arrested 32-year-old Jonathan Ray Shepherd in the death of 29-year-old Cheyenne Green.
Police say Green was found lying on the ground in a parking lot at Gilmer High School, where an 8th grade game between Gilmer and Gladewater was being played.
Authorities suspect her death was related to domestic violence.
Police say Shepherd will be charged with murder and arraigned later Friday.
Shepherd did not have an attorney listed in jail records. A call to his home went unanswered.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death