HOUSTON (AP) - A third teen has been charged with capital murder in the death of a man in Harris County over a pair of Nike Air Jordan sneakers.
Anthony Quinn Wade, 19, was charged Monday with capital murder. He remained in Harris County jail Tuesday. Online jail records did not list an attorney for him.
Twenty-two-year-old Joshua Wood was shot Dec. 21 while in a car after being approached by armed robbers who wanted the newly released Air Jordan XI "Bred" sneakers he'd purchased earlier in the day.
The car's driver ran and was uninjured. Wood later drove off after he was shot and crashed between two houses. He died at a hospital.
Already charged in the death are: 18-year-old Neal Bland and 19-year-old Kegan Arrington.
- Updated Flint water crisis: New criminal charges filed
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Firefighters extinguish garbage truck fire in north Abilene