NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (AP) - Officials say a high school student who was attacked as he left a classroom earlier this week died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Fifteen-year-old Logan Davidson was struck twice Tuesday in a hallway at Canyon High School in New Braunfels. His head then struck a wall. He was taken to a hospital where he died Wednesday.
The medical examiner's office said Friday the strikes to his head resulted in a lacerated artery that caused bleeding in the brain.
The death was ruled a homicide.
A 15-year-old suspect remains in Guadalupe County Juvenile Detention Center in Seguin on suspicion of aggravated assault, according to New Braunfels police. Investigators are withholding the suspect's identity because of his age.
Authorities are working to determine a motive for the attack.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot