AMARILLO, Texas - (AP) - A 22-year-old Amarillo man is jailed after leading police on a highway chase that finally ended when a state trooper fired a shotgun at the fleeing pickup truck.
Department of Public Safety Trooper Christopher Ray says Bradley Wilson St. Clair is in the Randall County Jail on multiple charges, including evading arrest and a second offense of driving while intoxicated.
Troopers joined county sheriff's deputies in the chase late Thursday night after the truck St. Clair was driving refused to pull over, was traveling at high speed on the wrong side of road and disregarding stop signs.
Ray tells the Amarillo Globe-News (http://bit.ly/1losknA) he's not sure if the shotgun blast blew out the tire of St. Clair's pickup or simply prompted the driver to stop.
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning