AMARILLO, Texas - (AP) - A 22-year-old Amarillo man is jailed after leading police on a highway chase that finally ended when a state trooper fired a shotgun at the fleeing pickup truck.
Department of Public Safety Trooper Christopher Ray says Bradley Wilson St. Clair is in the Randall County Jail on multiple charges, including evading arrest and a second offense of driving while intoxicated.
Troopers joined county sheriff's deputies in the chase late Thursday night after the truck St. Clair was driving refused to pull over, was traveling at high speed on the wrong side of road and disregarding stop signs.
Ray tells the Amarillo Globe-News (http://bit.ly/1losknA) he's not sure if the shotgun blast blew out the tire of St. Clair's pickup or simply prompted the driver to stop.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated