HOWARD COUNTY, Texas - A semi truck led to the collapse of a major highway I-20 overpass overnight.
Authorities say the truck was headed west on Interstate 20 outside of Midland, when the driver lost control and crashed. The accident knocked out pillars supporting a bridge over the highway, and it fell onto the westbound lanes.
State troopers say those lanes will be closed for at least two days while the mess is cleaned up. No injuries have been reported.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco