HOWARD COUNTY, Texas - A semi truck led to the collapse of a major highway I-20 overpass overnight.
Authorities say the truck was headed west on Interstate 20 outside of Midland, when the driver lost control and crashed. The accident knocked out pillars supporting a bridge over the highway, and it fell onto the westbound lanes.
State troopers say those lanes will be closed for at least two days while the mess is cleaned up. No injuries have been reported.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot