HOWARD COUNTY, Texas - A semi truck led to the collapse of a major highway I-20 overpass overnight.
Authorities say the truck was headed west on Interstate 20 outside of Midland, when the driver lost control and crashed. The accident knocked out pillars supporting a bridge over the highway, and it fell onto the westbound lanes.
State troopers say those lanes will be closed for at least two days while the mess is cleaned up. No injuries have been reported.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated