AMARILLO, Texas (AP) - An Amarillo truck driver who suffered severe burns in a fiery West Texas crash in March that killed five teens in another car has died.
Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Christopher Ray said Ezequiel Garcia died Thursday morning at University Medical Center in Lubbock.
Officials have said that the Chevrolet Cruze driven by 16-year-old Jacob Paul Stipe ran a stop sign on March 10 and was then struck on the side by the tanker loaded with fuel. The wreck happened just northeast of Dumas, which is about 45 miles north of Amarillo.
Stipe was killed, as were his passengers: 17-year-old Derrek Lee Hager; 17-year-old Christopher Lee Moore; 17-year-old October Dawn Roys; and her 15-year-old sister Elizabeth Kay Roys.
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring