CANTON, Texas (AP) - A traffic collision sent a tractor-trailer rig careening into an East Texas city hall and erupting in flames, killing the driver.
Police dispatcher Stacy Hitmer said the crash happened about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday when the 18-wheeler collided with a sport utility vehicle and careened into City Hall.
Hitmer confirmed that the truck driver was dead and that firefighters extinguished the fire but had no other information.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week