CANTON, Texas (AP) - A traffic collision sent a tractor-trailer rig careening into an East Texas city hall and erupting in flames, killing the driver.
Police dispatcher Stacy Hitmer said the crash happened about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday when the 18-wheeler collided with a sport utility vehicle and careened into City Hall.
Hitmer confirmed that the truck driver was dead and that firefighters extinguished the fire but had no other information.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck