SAN ANGELO, Texas - SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) - A man has been arrested in connection with the deaths of two people in a multi-vehicle crash near San Angelo.
The San Angelo Standard-Times reports that 20-year-old Richard Michael Garcia III was arrested. He was driving one of the four vehicles involved in the Saturday night accident.
Killed were 21-year-old Stephen Tyler Wadsworth and 22-year-old Emily McKenna Word, both of San Angelo.
Garcia, who faces a driving under the influence charge among others, remained in the Tom Green County Jail Sunday on $540 bond. No attorney was listed for him.
Investigators say Garcia went off the right side of the road and struck an 18-wheeler ahead of him when he moved back onto the highway. Wadsworth swerved to avoid the crash and was hit by an oncoming 18-wheeler.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman