SAN ANGELO, Texas - SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) - A man has been arrested in connection with the deaths of two people in a multi-vehicle crash near San Angelo.
The San Angelo Standard-Times reports that 20-year-old Richard Michael Garcia III was arrested. He was driving one of the four vehicles involved in the Saturday night accident.
Killed were 21-year-old Stephen Tyler Wadsworth and 22-year-old Emily McKenna Word, both of San Angelo.
Garcia, who faces a driving under the influence charge among others, remained in the Tom Green County Jail Sunday on $540 bond. No attorney was listed for him.
Investigators say Garcia went off the right side of the road and struck an 18-wheeler ahead of him when he moved back onto the highway. Wadsworth swerved to avoid the crash and was hit by an oncoming 18-wheeler.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer