SAN ANGELO, Texas - SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) - A man has been arrested in connection with the deaths of two people in a multi-vehicle crash near San Angelo.
The San Angelo Standard-Times reports that 20-year-old Richard Michael Garcia III was arrested. He was driving one of the four vehicles involved in the Saturday night accident.
Killed were 21-year-old Stephen Tyler Wadsworth and 22-year-old Emily McKenna Word, both of San Angelo.
Garcia, who faces a driving under the influence charge among others, remained in the Tom Green County Jail Sunday on $540 bond. No attorney was listed for him.
Investigators say Garcia went off the right side of the road and struck an 18-wheeler ahead of him when he moved back onto the highway. Wadsworth swerved to avoid the crash and was hit by an oncoming 18-wheeler.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue