ABILENE, Texas - The Texas Department of Transportation has launched a new web-based app.
It's called "Roadcents." The app is for a mobile device or computer that gives drives the tools to track vehicle maintenance. It also calculates how much drivers can save by changing their driving and vehicle maintenance.
Drivers also can receive email alerts when their vehicles are scheduled for maintenance and find nearby auto repair facilities.
"The app helps create less emission in the ozone in the atmosphere, so we have got cleaner air and it saves people a few bucks," TxDot spokeswoman Mary Belle Turner said.
According to TxDOT, driving a vehicle that needs maintenance can add more than $100 to the cost of gas every year.
To find out more information on ‘Roadcents," click HERE.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck