GREENVILLE, Texas (AP) - An uncle of an East Texas girl last seen alive getting off a school bus has been charged in her 2012 slaying.
Greenville police on Tuesday announced the arrest of 57-year-old Michael Vincent Moore of Grand Prairie. He was arrested Monday night at his home and charged with capital murder in the death of 16-year-old Alicia Moore.
The teen turned up missing Nov. 2 after getting off the school bus near her home in Greenville, about 50 miles northeast of Dallas. A road crew on Nov. 6 found her body in a trunk near Wills Point in neighboring Van Zandt County.
Michael Moore was being held Tuesday in the Van Zandt County jail in Canton. Sheriff's officials didn't immediately return messages about bond and whether the uncle has an attorney.
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores