AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Two recently merged University of Texas campuses along the southern border will be named the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.
The UT System Board of Regents on Thursday unanimously approved the name for the campus, which will combine UT Brownsville and UT Pan American.
The newly combined regional university, including a medical school, is expected to begin classes in the fall of 2015.
Other proposed names included University of Texas South and University of Texas International.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017