SAN ANTONIO - (AP) - A group of bicyclists has been struck by a suspected drunken driver in San Antonio, leaving one dead and another cyclist injured.
A 25-year-old man was arrested Saturday morning after later being found unconscious in the front yard of a home. His name has not been released and police say charges against him could include intoxication manslaughter.
KENS-TV in San Antonio reports as many as four people were bicycling about 2:30 a.m. Saturday when they were struck from behind by the vehicle.
Police say 44-year-old Jose Gamez was killed and 42-year-old Rosalva Gamez is listed in stable condition at a hospital. The relationship between the two was not clear Saturday.
Two other bicyclists were treated at the scene.
No other details were immediately available from police.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman