LONGVIEW, Texas - (AP) - A candlelight vigil has been set for next week to remember victims of an East Texas hospital stabbing attack that left a nurse dead and four people hurt.
Officials with Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview announced the vigil will be held Monday night in the hospital plaza's main parking lot.
A Longview man remains in custody facing charges of murder and aggravated assault over Tuesday's stabbings at the Ambulatory Surgical Center. Kyron Rayshawn Templeton was not injured in the attack that left Gail Sandidge dead.
A visitor and another employee were treated and released hours after the attack. Hospital officials on Friday did not immediately update the conditions of the other two wounded visitors.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth