LONGVIEW, Texas - (AP) - A candlelight vigil has been set for next week to remember victims of an East Texas hospital stabbing attack that left a nurse dead and four people hurt.
Officials with Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview announced the vigil will be held Monday night in the hospital plaza's main parking lot.
A Longview man remains in custody facing charges of murder and aggravated assault over Tuesday's stabbings at the Ambulatory Surgical Center. Kyron Rayshawn Templeton was not injured in the attack that left Gail Sandidge dead.
A visitor and another employee were treated and released hours after the attack. Hospital officials on Friday did not immediately update the conditions of the other two wounded visitors.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash