ROUND ROCK, Texas (AP) - An Austin-area school district has shut down its websites that were hacked and the education updates replaced with obscene images and vulgar language.
The Round Rock Independent School District websites were closed Sunday. A message on the main site said "All Round Rock ISD websites are currently unavailable" and apologized for the inconvenience.
Round Rock police are helping investigate the hacking that was discovered late Saturday night. District spokeswoman JoyLynn Occhiuzzi says no student information was compromised.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated