ROUND ROCK, Texas (AP) - An Austin-area school district has shut down its websites that were hacked and the education updates replaced with obscene images and vulgar language.
The Round Rock Independent School District websites were closed Sunday. A message on the main site said "All Round Rock ISD websites are currently unavailable" and apologized for the inconvenience.
Round Rock police are helping investigate the hacking that was discovered late Saturday night. District spokeswoman JoyLynn Occhiuzzi says no student information was compromised.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies