WACO, Texas - WACO, Texas (AP) - Police are seeking two gunmen after a fatal shooting at a Central Texas apartment complex when an apparent drug deal went wrong.
Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton on Sunday said a woman who was with the victim wasn't hurt.
Swanton says police on Saturday night responded to gunfire at some apartments and found 44-year-old Leslie David Lee of Purmela (per-MEE'-luh) dead at the scene. Swanton says Lee and a woman allegedly went to the apartments to complete a drug deal. Two armed men then tried to steal the drugs.
Swanton says Lee also apparently had a gun and tried to draw the weapon when he was shot several times. The suspects fled.
An autopsy has been ordered.
Purmela is 50 miles west of Waco.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field