AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A wayward driver lost control of his car and barreled into a Central Texas auto dealership, damaging at least 18 vehicles.
Hyundai cars had hoods torn off, another was pushed onto its side with its roof sheared away, and auto parts strewn across the lot in Austin. The car that caused the damage early Wednesday morning came to rest upside down atop another vehicle. There were no injuries reported.
Police said witnesses saw the car veer off the Interstate 35 frontage road. A man later was seen crawling from the car and running away. Police said empty beer bottles were found in the suspect's car.
An employee of the dealership says it's open to customers Wednesday despite a cleanup that includes towing away many of the damaged vehicles.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy