AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A wayward driver lost control of his car and barreled into a Central Texas auto dealership, damaging at least 18 vehicles.
Hyundai cars had hoods torn off, another was pushed onto its side with its roof sheared away, and auto parts strewn across the lot in Austin. The car that caused the damage early Wednesday morning came to rest upside down atop another vehicle. There were no injuries reported.
Police said witnesses saw the car veer off the Interstate 35 frontage road. A man later was seen crawling from the car and running away. Police said empty beer bottles were found in the suspect's car.
An employee of the dealership says it's open to customers Wednesday despite a cleanup that includes towing away many of the damaged vehicles.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen