AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A wayward driver lost control of his car and barreled into a Central Texas auto dealership, damaging at least 18 vehicles.
Hyundai cars had hoods torn off, another was pushed onto its side with its roof sheared away, and auto parts strewn across the lot in Austin. The car that caused the damage early Wednesday morning came to rest upside down atop another vehicle. There were no injuries reported.
Police said witnesses saw the car veer off the Interstate 35 frontage road. A man later was seen crawling from the car and running away. Police said empty beer bottles were found in the suspect's car.
An employee of the dealership says it's open to customers Wednesday despite a cleanup that includes towing away many of the damaged vehicles.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range