ODESSA, Texas (AP) - A West Texas man is in custody on accusations that he killed his ex-wife and critically injured her son in a shooting on Christmas Eve.
The Odessa American reports (http://bit.ly/10mGVKe ) that L.C. Davis Jr. led police on a high-speed chase from Midland to Odessa.
The 55-year-old Davis is accused of shooting his ex-wife, 50-year-old Venesta Davis, and her 20-year-old son, Andrew Darius Thurman.
Police say the shootings occurred Monday night.
On Tuesday, Midland police spotted a car they believed Davis was driving. Police say that when an officer tried to arrest Davis, he fled on Interstate 20.
Davis has a lengthy criminal record that includes convictions on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
He remains in the Ector County Jail. Online records did not list an attorney.
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Texas student who dressed as slave told to change
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend