ODESSA, Texas (AP) - A West Texas man is in custody on accusations that he killed his ex-wife and critically injured her son in a shooting on Christmas Eve.
The Odessa American reports (http://bit.ly/10mGVKe ) that L.C. Davis Jr. led police on a high-speed chase from Midland to Odessa.
The 55-year-old Davis is accused of shooting his ex-wife, 50-year-old Venesta Davis, and her 20-year-old son, Andrew Darius Thurman.
Police say the shootings occurred Monday night.
On Tuesday, Midland police spotted a car they believed Davis was driving. Police say that when an officer tried to arrest Davis, he fled on Interstate 20.
Davis has a lengthy criminal record that includes convictions on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
He remains in the Ector County Jail. Online records did not list an attorney.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer