MIDLAND, Texas (AP) - An aspiring West Texas rapper who posted his videos online has been convicted of luring a 15-year-old Wisconsin girl into have sex with him.
A federal jury in Midland on Tuesday afternoon convicted 28-year-old Charles Martinez of Stanton of using the Internet to entice a juvenile to engage in sexual activity. Martinez was also convicted of transporting a juvenile across state lines for sexual activity.
Martinez, whose rap name is "Ereez," remains in custody pending sentencing in July. He faces up to life in prison.
Martinez last year began communicating with the Green Bay, Wis., girl via his Facebook fan page. Prosecutors say Martinez traveled to Wisconsin in April and May 2012 and the pair had sex. Martinez last June transported the girl to Stanton.
He was arrested in January.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide