MIDLAND, Texas (AP) - An aspiring West Texas rapper who posted his videos online has been convicted of luring a 15-year-old Wisconsin girl into have sex with him.
A federal jury in Midland on Tuesday afternoon convicted 28-year-old Charles Martinez of Stanton of using the Internet to entice a juvenile to engage in sexual activity. Martinez was also convicted of transporting a juvenile across state lines for sexual activity.
Martinez, whose rap name is "Ereez," remains in custody pending sentencing in July. He faces up to life in prison.
Martinez last year began communicating with the Green Bay, Wis., girl via his Facebook fan page. Prosecutors say Martinez traveled to Wisconsin in April and May 2012 and the pair had sex. Martinez last June transported the girl to Stanton.
He was arrested in January.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated