SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A white rhino at the San Antonio Zoo has died.
The zoo says Gertrude suffered from chronic kidney failure caused by old age. She was 46.
Gertrude came to the San Antonio Zoo in 1970.
The zoo says she was one of the 11 oldest white rhinos in any zoo in the world.
Zoo director Steve McCusker tells WOAI-TV (http://bit.ly/10mEGqd ) that he remembers Gertrude having an easy disposition.
McCusker says she was "one of the real pets of the institution."
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide