TEXAS - It's been another dry year in Texas and that could mean another active wildfire season. This week is Wildfire Awareness Week in the Lone Star State.
Here are some tips to avoid starting a blaze:
Never burn leaves on a windy day, don't leave a lit grill unattended, keep water near you when doing anything that could create a spark, and monitor local burn bans and if you see a fire, call 911.
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program