BEE CAVE, Texas - (AP) - Country star Willie Nelson will help raise money for a Central Texas volunteer fire department decimated by a plant explosion that killed a dozen emergency responders.
Nelson on Sunday night holds a concert in the Austin area with proceeds to benefit the West Volunteer Fire Department.
An April 17 fertilizer plant explosion in West killed at least 14 people and left about 200 hurt. Nelson grew up in nearby Abbott.
The Willie Nelson & Family performance at the The Backyard at Bee Cave is sold out.
- Updated Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- Updated North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Updated Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog