BEE CAVE, Texas - (AP) - Country star Willie Nelson will help raise money for a Central Texas volunteer fire department decimated by a plant explosion that killed a dozen emergency responders.
Nelson on Sunday night holds a concert in the Austin area with proceeds to benefit the West Volunteer Fire Department.
An April 17 fertilizer plant explosion in West killed at least 14 people and left about 200 hurt. Nelson grew up in nearby Abbott.
The Willie Nelson & Family performance at the The Backyard at Bee Cave is sold out.
- Updated Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills