TYLER, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a mother shot to death at an East Texas park where she had taken her 3-year-old son was caught in the crossfire of some gangs.
Tyler police on Wednesday said nobody has been arrested in the killing of 20-year-old Briana Raquel Young of Tyler. Her son was not hurt in Tuesday night's gunfire at P.T. Cole Park. The woman was dead at the scene.
Police say about 30 people were in the park when the shooting started. Police believe shots were fired from within the park and from a nearby vehicle.
Crime Stoppers has offered a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and charges filed.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017