HOUSTON (AP) - Two men and a teenager are jailed on aggravated robbery charges for breaking into an apartment and beating a woman there who was 9 months pregnant.
Harris County deputies arrested all three at the scene after getting a call Wednesday of a home invasion in progress.
The 21-year-old woman was found tied with tape and beaten. She was taken to a hospital where doctors performed an emergency Caesarean section. Her child is listed in critical condition.
Investigators say she apparently knew all three of those arrested and one of the men, 19-year-old Hector Ramirez, is believed to be the newborn baby's father. A court hearing for Ramirez was set for Monday. He's held on $200,000 bond.
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Fraternity suspends Texas A&M chapter after student's death
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy