HOUSTON (AP) - Two men and a teenager are jailed on aggravated robbery charges for breaking into an apartment and beating a woman there who was 9 months pregnant.
Harris County deputies arrested all three at the scene after getting a call Wednesday of a home invasion in progress.
The 21-year-old woman was found tied with tape and beaten. She was taken to a hospital where doctors performed an emergency Caesarean section. Her child is listed in critical condition.
Investigators say she apparently knew all three of those arrested and one of the men, 19-year-old Hector Ramirez, is believed to be the newborn baby's father. A court hearing for Ramirez was set for Monday. He's held on $200,000 bond.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth