HOUSTON (AP) - Houston police have detained a woman seen on gas station security video pulling a rifle before a man was fatally shot as the pair argued.
Police on Monday didn't immediately release the victim's name or say whether charges would be filed.
Surveillance video from Sunday night's incident shows a woman arguing with a man. The video shows the woman pulling a rifle out of the trunk of a car and then the man trying to hit the woman.
Police say the woman then fired several shots. Investigators did not immediately say whether security video shows the gunfire.
Authorities are trying to determine whether the man and woman knew each other and what sparked the argument.
Further details weren't immediately available.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash