HOUSTON (AP) - Houston police have detained a woman seen on gas station security video pulling a rifle before a man was fatally shot as the pair argued.
Police on Monday didn't immediately release the victim's name or say whether charges would be filed.
Surveillance video from Sunday night's incident shows a woman arguing with a man. The video shows the woman pulling a rifle out of the trunk of a car and then the man trying to hit the woman.
Police say the woman then fired several shots. Investigators did not immediately say whether security video shows the gunfire.
Authorities are trying to determine whether the man and woman knew each other and what sparked the argument.
Further details weren't immediately available.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday