HASKELL COUNTY, Texas - One woman is dead and three others are critically injured after a head-on collision in Haskell County.
The accident happened just after 10 p.m. Saturday.
A Ford Mustang drove head-on into a GMC on US Highway 277, about four miles north of Weinert.
Police said Dawn Ann Carpenter, a passenger in the GMC, was pronounced dead at the scene. She was taken to Smith Family Funeral Home in Haskell.
The driver of that vehicle, James Alan Carpenter, and another passenger, Della Plumlee Ritchie, were both taken to Knox County Hospital with incapacitating injuries.
The driver of the Mustang, Jesus Ortiz, was taken to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene, also with critical injuries.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating the crash.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen