HASKELL COUNTY, Texas - One woman is dead and three others are critically injured after a head-on collision in Haskell County.
The accident happened just after 10 p.m. Saturday.
A Ford Mustang drove head-on into a GMC on US Highway 277, about four miles north of Weinert.
Police said Dawn Ann Carpenter, a passenger in the GMC, was pronounced dead at the scene. She was taken to Smith Family Funeral Home in Haskell.
The driver of that vehicle, James Alan Carpenter, and another passenger, Della Plumlee Ritchie, were both taken to Knox County Hospital with incapacitating injuries.
The driver of the Mustang, Jesus Ortiz, was taken to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene, also with critical injuries.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating the crash.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated