HASKELL COUNTY, Texas - One woman is dead and three others are critically injured after a head-on collision in Haskell County.
The accident happened just after 10 p.m. Saturday.
A Ford Mustang drove head-on into a GMC on US Highway 277, about four miles north of Weinert.
Police said Dawn Ann Carpenter, a passenger in the GMC, was pronounced dead at the scene. She was taken to Smith Family Funeral Home in Haskell.
The driver of that vehicle, James Alan Carpenter, and another passenger, Della Plumlee Ritchie, were both taken to Knox County Hospital with incapacitating injuries.
The driver of the Mustang, Jesus Ortiz, was taken to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene, also with critical injuries.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating the crash.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash