KATY, Texas (AP) - Officials say a woman was found shot early Friday morning near a high school in suburban Houston.
According to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office, the shooting happened about 6 a.m. Friday in an area at the back of the Tompkins High School campus in Katy.
When deputies arrived they found two coaches performing CPR on a wounded woman.
The woman was rushed to Katy Memorial Hermann hospital.
Deputies say a man was seen in the area carrying a shotgun, getting into a pickup and driving away.
Katy is located just west of Houston.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash