KATY, Texas (AP) - Officials say a woman was found shot early Friday morning near a high school in suburban Houston.
According to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office, the shooting happened about 6 a.m. Friday in an area at the back of the Tompkins High School campus in Katy.
When deputies arrived they found two coaches performing CPR on a wounded woman.
The woman was rushed to Katy Memorial Hermann hospital.
Deputies say a man was seen in the area carrying a shotgun, getting into a pickup and driving away.
Katy is located just west of Houston.
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Police: Texas college student rams squad car while taking topless selfie
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking