HOUSTON - (AP) - A Tennessee woman has been sentenced to 25 years in prison after a Harris County jury found her guilty of murdering her husband in 1987.
Norma Jean Clark of Belvidere, Tenn., was returned to Houston in 2011 after investigators reopened the case the year before. They determined that bloodstains on the clothes she was wearing when Edmund Hugh Clark died didn't support her alibi. She contended that she was sleeping in a different room than her husband at their Tomball home.
He was shot twice with his gun. At the time, she told investigators she was awakened by gunshots and ran to a neighbor's house.
Neighbors told investigators Clark was planning to divorce his wife.
Investigators say new developments in crime scene technology made it possible to solve the case.
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death