DE SOTO, Texas (AP) - A suburban Dallas woman is jailed on aggravated assault charges after her mother and daughter were found stabbed and police say she threatened officers with a hammer.
Veronica Johnson is in Dallas County jail without bond. No attorney is listed in online jail records for the 41-year-old Glenn Heights woman.
Police said Johnson drove her car through the security gate of the DeSoto retirement apartment complex where her mother lived about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. Police arrived to find her 66-year-old mother and 21-year-old daughter bleeding from stab wounds and her 13-year-old son hiding in a closet.
Police Capt. Ron Smith said Johnson then threatened one officer with a hammer but was subdued with a shock gun.
Smith said the wounded women are expected to recover.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Updated Abilene hobby shop owner talks new drone regulations