ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man missing since Friday could be "the victim of foul play," the Tom Green County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday.
Eric Vincent Torrez, 41, was last seen headed to San Angelo. He was driving a grey, 2008 Ford F-150 with Texas license plate AL2-8071. He was reported missing by his mother.
The announcement from Tom Green County comes a day after Abilene police issued a similar alert.
On Wednesday, the Tom Green County Sheriff's Office said the missing man's last known location was in the northern part of Tom Green County.
PHOTOS OF MISSING MAN, TRUCK --> http://www.ktxs.com/news/photos-missing-abilene-man-could-be-victim-of-foul-play/593447148
Last Friday, Torrez told a co-worker that he was going to Tom Green County to "bid on a job," the sheriff's office said in the news release.
According to his sister Victoria De Loera, Torrez moved to Abilene a few months ago from Sweetwater.
De Loera said Torrez was a self-employed contractor who did concrete floors and countertops.
In addition, she said he hasn't answered any phone calls or texts since Friday.
If you have information about Torrez or have seen his pickup, call Abilene police at (325) 673-8331 or the Tom Green County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigation Division at (325) 655-8111.
- Suspect in Niblo investigation back in court for property
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD