ABILENE, Texas - Police are urging motorists to slow down and be especially careful after numerous accidents have been reported due to slippery road conditions.
As of 8:30 a.m., Abilene police say at least nine accidents have been reported on Winters Freeway between South 1st and North 10th streets.
Police are diverting traffic. Southbound Winters Freeway has been at a standstill as a result of the accident spree.
“Avoid the area and find an alternate route,” Abilene police Sgt. Lynn Beard said in a social media message. “Patrol and traffic working to clear the area.”
KTXS will provide additional details as they become available.
- Updated Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Airman's dog tags returned 50 years after he was shot down
- Texas sheriff added to woman's crude anti-Trump truck decal
- Attorneys filing Vegas shooting lawsuits with 450 plaintiffs
- 1 killed in jet crash near Laughlin AFB in Del Rio
- Donors step up for Abilene Salvation Army ahead of Thanksgiving
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD