BROWNWOOD, Texas - The trial date has been set for the 19-year-old man accused of killing his baby girl.
Jekaris Bryant will go to trial at 9 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 23 for capital murder, according to the 35th Judicial District Clerk's Office,
Police have said Bryant's baby was taken to Brownwood Regional Medical Center on Dec. 13, 2015 after family members found her not breathing. The infant was pronounced dead that afternoon.
According to his indictment, Bryant caused the death of his daughter, Breyla Ann Bryant, "by shaking, squeezing, or by means unknown to the grand jury."
Bryant was first indicted last January and then re-indicted in November.
KTXS reached out to the district attorney's office for a reason as to why he was indicted again and have yet to get a response.
Bryant was able to bail out of jail last June.
- House on Hartford Street in Abilene 'total loss' after Monday fire
- Abilene City Council ready to hear construction update on Fire Station #4
- Dyess captain up for Air Force Entertainer of the Year
- Abilene K-9 ‘medically' retires after impressive career
- Firefighters say sparks caused north Abilene business fire