DALLAS, Texas - DALLAS (AP) - Two men have been charged with capital murder for the slaying earlier this month of a 79-year-old woman at her Dallas home.
Dallas police announced Friday night 29-year-old David Herron and 28-year-old Daniel Brooks are accused of the murder of Avanell Cowgill. Police discovered her body March 9 after a daughter who couldn't reach her asked authorities to check on the woman.
Police say the pair used credit cards stolen from her to buy electronics and they were tracked down through those purchases.
The two were found in the jail in suburban Richardson, where they were arrested earlier this week for an unrelated theft.
They're being held on $1 million bond each.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas