DALLAS, Texas - DALLAS (AP) - Two men have been charged with capital murder for the slaying earlier this month of a 79-year-old woman at her Dallas home.
Dallas police announced Friday night 29-year-old David Herron and 28-year-old Daniel Brooks are accused of the murder of Avanell Cowgill. Police discovered her body March 9 after a daughter who couldn't reach her asked authorities to check on the woman.
Police say the pair used credit cards stolen from her to buy electronics and they were tracked down through those purchases.
The two were found in the jail in suburban Richardson, where they were arrested earlier this week for an unrelated theft.
They're being held on $1 million bond each.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated