NEW YORK (AP) - Former Houston Astros first baseman Jeff Bagwell and former Texas Rangers catcher Ivan 'Pudge' Rodriguez among three players elected to baseball's Hall of Fame.
Pitcher Trevor Hoffman and former Ranger outfielder Vladimir Guerrero fell just short.
Steroids-tainted stars Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens were passed over for the fifth straight year by the Baseball Writers' Association of America but received significantly more votes this time and could be in position to gain election in future votes.
Bagwell drew 86.2 percent and Raines got 86 percent. Rodriguez had 76 percent - he received four more votes than the necessary 332 of 442 (75 percent).
Hoffman was five votes shy and Guerrero 15 short.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Maine boy who asked for Christmas cards loses battle with cancer
- Texas offers reward in border agent's death
- Della Reese, of TV's 'Touched by an Angel,' has died at 86
- Trump blasts Lynch for sitting during U.S. anthem, standing for Mexican anthem
- 3-2-1, BAM! Georgia Dome imploded in downtown Atlanta
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD