Below is excerpt from a TxDOT press release on planned construction and maintenance projects for Abilene and Taylor County, respectively, for Dec. 16-20:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
2. Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. Crews continue working on culverts and retaining walls for the turnarounds at Oldham and Industrial streets, as well as building a new exit ramp for Industrial from the southbound lanes of the freeway.
3. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
1. County-wide: Pothole and sign repair.
2. Restock supplies and repair equipment used during winter storm.