Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release detailing planned construction and maintenance projects for the Abilene and Taylor County area for January 6-10:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
2. Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. Crews continue working on culverts and retaining walls for the turnarounds at Oldham and Industrial streets, as well as building a new exit ramp for Industrial from the southbound lanes of the freeway. Some traffic changes are scheduled for mid-January.
3. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
1. FM 1235 north of Buffalo Gap: Repair base failures.
2. FM 2035 near the Nolan County line: Repair base failures.
3. Treadaway Boulevard from South 14th to South 32nd: Remove silt; repair pavement edge.