The following is a list of planned Texas Department of Transportation projects in Abilene and Taylor County for July 29 through August 2.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Resurfacing continues on the main lanes. Drivers should expect intermittent lane closures.
2. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
3. FM 2833 (East Lake Road): Crews will continue blade patching.
4. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on inside lanes, turnarounds and ramps on the east end of the project. Eastbound exit #290 to Loop 322/SH 36 and the entrance ramp past SH 351 remain closed as crews build new ramps.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
1. FM 3438: Silt removal.
2. I-20 Business: Paved ditch maintenance. Work will require lane closures on South 1st Street between Pioneer Drive and Butternut Street.
3. FM 1235 near 4th Street in Merkel: Base failure repair.