Construction and maintenance work is planned for Abilene and Taylor County over the next week.
Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release detailing projects for the area for March 17-21:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. US 83 frontage roads from Canyon Rock Road to FM 707: Work to convert frontage roads to one-way operation continues. Inside lanes are closed and traffic is limited to one way on each side of the freeway. The southbound exit to Clack Street is closed as crews reconstruct the ramp.
2. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
3. Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Frontage road work continues. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. The northbound entrance ramp at Industrial Boulevard is closed, and traffic will need to enter the freeway at the ramp just past Oldham Lane.
4. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Crews will be working on construction of the south side of the bridge. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:\
1. FM 2404 from Jones County line to US 277: Base failure repair and blade patching.
2. I-20 south frontage road in Tye: Base failure repair and blade patching.
3. US 722 between FM 3438 and FM 707: Blade level-up.