Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release regarding planned Abilene and Taylor County construction and maintenance projects for Oct. 14-18:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Crews continue final paving, striping and guard rail installation. Drivers should expect intermittent daytime lane and ramp closures.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- I-20 from Trent to Merkel: Blade level-up.
- US 277 from FM 3438 to FM 1235: Silt removal.
- FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal, ditch cleaning and storm drain repair work continues. Some lane closures will be necessary.