Below is a list of Abilene and Taylor County construction and maintenance projects.
Abilene area construction projects:
1. FM 89 reconstruction and widening project: Crews have been profiling the roadway and will proceed with seal coating on the east end of the project.
2. US 83 from Antilley to Iberis Road: Crews will begin seal coating the roadway where repairs were made last fall. Some daytime lane closures and occasional ramp closures may be necessary.
3. FM 2833 (East Lake Road): Crews will return to prepare for seal coating and final detail work on this project.
4. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on inside lanes, turnarounds and ramps on the east end of the project. Eastbound exit #290 to Loop 322/SH 36 and the entrance ramp past SH 351 remain closed as crews build new ramps.
5. Various locations: Pavement marking will be refreshed on various roadways throughout Taylor and other nearby counties until the end of May. Drivers should avoid crossing wet pavement markings and should keep their distance if they encounter a striping truck.
6. Upcoming project: Work to repair and resurface Loop 322 from I-20 to Cedar Creek will begin in the coming weeks.
Taylor County maintenance office projects:
1. FM 1235 from County Road 301 to View (US 277): Level-up, edge and shoulder repair.
2. I-20 Business: Repair base failures in paved ditch.
3. FM 604, FM 614, US 84, FM 1235 and FM 707: Spot sealing.
4. US 63 Business (Treadaway), FM 3438 (Arnold Blvd.) and FM 1750: Sweeping.