Below is an excerpt from at Texas Department of Transportation press release regarding the planned construction and maintenance projects for Abilene and Taylor County, respectively:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Crews continue paving work. Drivers should expect intermittent daytime lane and ramp closures.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- I-20 between Shirley and Fulwiler Roads: Level up surface of north frontage road.
- US 277 from FM 3438 to FM 1235 south of Abilene: Repair pavement edges.
- FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal, ditch cleaning and storm drain repair. Work will continue to FM 707 through November. Some lane closures will be necessary.