DALLAS - The game between Dallas and the Columbus Blue Jackets was called off in the first period after Stars forward Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench.
Play was halted 6:23 into the game Monday night as Peverley was carried from the bench. A public address announcement was made several minutes later that the 31-year-old Peverley was conscious and taken to the hospital.
"They're shaken and they want to reschedule. We understand that," John Davidson, the Blue Jackets president of hockey operations, told Fox Sports Ohio. "They were shaken to the core."
There was no immediate announcement of when the game would be made up. Columbus was leading 1-0.
Peverley missed the start of the season because of a procedure to correct an irregular heartbeat, a condition diagnosed during a training camp physical.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide