Five people, including a baby, were taken to an Abilene hospital Wednesday after a house fire in the 1700 block of Jeffries Street.

According to Abilene fire officials, the west side of the house was engulfed in flames when they arrived about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Everyone in the house got out safely, but were brought to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries, including smoke inhalation and cuts from shattered windows.

While the blaze was quickly extinguished, the home and a vehicle are considered a total loss, an Abilene Fire Department news release said. 

“It has been determined by investigators that it was accidental electrical in nature,” the release said.

A fire official told KTXS two more smaller fires were started earlier that night, including a trash can by Craig Middle School and a chair in the middle of Mockingbird Lane. No word on if those two are related.