ABILENE, Texas - Democratic Congressman Beto O'Rourke made a stop at Miguel's on Danville in Abilene Sunday evening to have an open discussion about the great state of Texas and how Texans can make it even better.
O'Rourke represents the state's 16th Congressional District in Washington.
His Texas office is in his native El Paso.
"Elections really matter,” O’Rourke said. “They have so much consequence for the direction of this country and the things that we care about.”
O'Rourke is considering a run against Ted Cruz for the U.S. Senate in November of 2018.
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene murder victim's family: Suspect shouldn't have chance to get out
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- KTXS Forecast: Windy afternoon with building storm chances tonight.
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals