STONEWALL COUNTY, Texas - The victim in a fatal crash that happened near Aspermont in Stonewall County has been identified.
The Texas Department of Public Safety said 69-year-old Stephen Lloyd Fitts, of Spur, died in that crash.
It happened at 1:33 p.m. Friday.
Investigators said a tractor-trailer was stopped in the eastbound lane of US-380 waiting to make a left turn onto US-83 northbound.
They said Fitts was stopped in his pickup behind that tractor-trailer when a second tractor-trailer hit Fitts' pickup from behind.
The collision pushed the pickup into the back of the stopped tractor-trailer. It then caught fire.
The crash is under investigation.
- Updated Police believe deaths of father, 2 kids was murder-suicide
- Texas man sentenced for illegally making guns sent to Mexico
- Texas student takes to school gun reported stolen in 2012
- City of Abilene receives $18.37 million for smart water meters
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- Abilene police: Fake carjacking led to SWAT standoff
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Abilene couple robbed at gunpoint while sitting at stoplight
- Indicted: Man accused of robbing Abilene scrap metal business while wearing ‘Scream' mask
- WATCH: Abilene VFW remembers attack on Pearl Harbor
- Health Department: No bed bugs at Mall of Abilene playground
Copyright 2017 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- School zone signs placed near Brown County Christian school
- Pregnant woman who led Brownwood officers on chase indicted
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out
- Rain hits Big Country, wintry mix in some areas
- Sweetwater teen in critical condition after being hit by pickup
- DPS identifies woman killed in fiery crash last week near Winters
- Man dies in Hamlin police custody, Texas Rangers investigating