NOLAN COUNTY, Texas - A woman from Vidor was killed on a rainy Monday morning after her pickup truck hit a guardrail and flipped on Highway 70 about six miles south of Sweetwater.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 61-year-old Cheryl Gibson Buckley was driving north at about 10 a.m. but took a turn too fast for the wet road. That caused her to skid and strike the guardrail on the east side of the road before flipping over in the middle of the road.
Buckley was dead at the scene, DPS said, and her body was taken to McCoy's Funeral Home in Sweetwater. She was wearing her seatbelt when the crash happened.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country